Caution! Turn off the main power to the circuit before wiring FireAll™
- After removing FireAll™ from the box remove the 4 screws on top that secure the housing to the mounting base and circuit board. When separating the housing from mounting base pay attention to the power led on the side of the housing and realign it using the notch in the housing when reinstalling.
- Locate a 120v ceiling box that is not on a switched circuit or install a new receptacle box and connect it to the power source of the home.
- Take the wire harness that comes with the 120V hardwired smoke alarm and attach it to the FireAll™ circuit board using the terminal block R B W (Red, Black & White).
- There are 3 leads from the circuit board Red, White and Black put them through the back of the mounting base and attach them to the house wiring.
Ex. second floor bedrooms were wired together using the accessibility of the attic (as the image shows) However now you want to interconnect the group with the basement smoke alarm. The FireAll only needs to be installed with one of the group for the whole 2nd floor to be interconnected with the basement.
For alarms that are used as single station with no Red wire in the electric box, DO NOT CONNECT THE RED WIRE OF THE FIREALL TO ANYTHING. Leave the red wire insulating cap in place to make certain that it cannot contact any metal parts or the electrical box.
- Secure the mounting base to the electric box with the two screws on the box.
- Install the housing making certain to line up the hole in the housing with the circuit board power light, there is a notch for the alignment of the housing and mounting base. Install 4 screws.
Now refer to the manufacturers Instructions / User’s Guide for installing and replacing their smoke alarm which will include but not limited to:
- Attach mounting base of smoke alarm to FireAll™ using screws (2) provided with the FireAll
- Plug the harness into the Smoke Alarm and twist lock Alarm into base
Turn on the AC power. The Red Power On Indicator should be lit when the
FireAll™ is connected to the home AC power.. NOW TEST...